Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Roridan's Morning Mug O' Mead: Yearly Expansions

Gather round the fireplace my friends and fight back the Dun Morogh chill. Today the mead is on me.

A while back, before the dark portal opened, a wise sage at the world famous ice Mage School known as Blizzard said that they were expecting to discover new realms at least one per year as their magical energies allowed.

Now it appears that the people at Blizzard are trying their best to back track and state that they wish to make sure that the current portals are stable and working before the new portals are attempted and they may not be able to open new portals every year. Many people are throwing them under the gryphon on this stating that the want the new portals as promised.

While I am one for new adventure and excitement, I would like to think that if I wanted to come home to Darnassus some day I would be able to through a stable portal. So my question is this. In the general asking is it better to have stable portals or more portals?

In this druid’s opinion, I think having an unstable world would cause many to just stay home and stop adventuring into such dangerous places even if they did have more and more new but unstable portals.

Leave the wizards at Blizzard alone. They are doing a fine job at maintaining the current portals and I feel they will open a new one when they are ready and feel the ebb of the manatide heading that way. Do I want that to be two years from now? No…but neither I, nor nature, nor Blizzard has a set time table.

1 comment:

Tarnia said...

Aye!

If the Gods feel that their chosen at the tower of Blizzard, the wizzards who create and maintain the portals are yet ill-prepared to attempt opening new portals to other long forgotten lands ...then so be it. I am still fighting to tame the world that I can currently travel freely in and I can wait patiently until our wizzards are ready to make ready a means for us to travel to new places. Me being a mage myself ...I can sympathize with how tricky it can be to create and open new portals. It is very taxing on your very being and requires long periods of meditation before even the most seasoned of mages can attempt it.

Give them the time they need. If Mystra later grants them the proper access to the magical weave ...then we will see these long forgotten lands but until them ...let us make safe the world that we do have.

Tarnia
Ice Battle-Mage of Stormwind